Publisert 31.05.2010 , oppdatert: 31.05.2010, 23:39
Source: Kozloduy NPP website
Programme Promoter:Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency (BNRA)
Main Programme Partner:Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority (NRPA)
Other partners: Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP)International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
Total programme cost:€ 1.294.117
Programme organisation and timeline:All programme activities are organised under an IAEA Extra Budgetary Programme (EBP) and are expected to be completed by 30.04.2011.
Background:The Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency (BNRA) and the Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority (NRPA) have agreed to fund an IAEA Extra Budgetary Programme (EBP) on safe nuclear energy in Bulgaria. The programme aims to reduce the risk of nuclear accidents and improve preparedness and response of emergency organizations and personnel in Bulgaria. The programme is analogous to the programme on Safe Nuclear Energy in Romania, though smaller in scope and with technical differences due to distinction in the type of nuclear power plants.
85% of the programme funds come from a grant from Innovation Norway (project: 2008/115264) on behalf of the Norwegian Government on the basis of an application from BNRA, the project promoter, and NRPA, the project partner. The rest of 15% of the programme funds come from Bulgaria in form of financial contributions.
The programme consists of four projects that address the enhancement needs of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency and of the Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant regarding safety related activities. Improvements will be done mainly in two focus areas: safety assessment, and emergency preparedness and response.
Specific objectives:On the regulator side the programme aims to:
On the nuclear power plant operator side the programme intends to:
NRPA role in the programme:As main partner in the programme, NRPA assists BNRA, the project promoter, in fulfilling the implementation of the programme. NRPA participates in the management of the programme. NRPA also assist with legal issues related to the programme, including establishing relevant agreements between all organizations involved in the programme, working out solutions to fulfil programme funder’s requirements, while maintaining all organisations’ internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, NRPA continually assesses the programme goals and objectives against programme indicators.
NRPA manages the programme financial account and transfers funds to the programme partners. NRPA organizes programme’s external audits and assist to the programme participants in communication with Innovation Norway.
Important programme events:
Contact person:Pavel Tishakov, Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority: email@example.com
External links: • BRNA• KNPP• IAEA; EBP Bulgaria page • Innovation Norway
Tillatte solarier og rør